Monday, November 3, 2008

First Steps!

Luci took her first steps this weekend!

It was sooo cute, and I am so happy that Adam was there to witness this milestone. I have been having a terrible time getting her to go to sleep at night, so she had stayed up on Saturday night until Adam got home a little before 10pm. We were playing with her on the living room floor, and decided to see if she would walk from Adam to me as we sat across from each other. She stood for a few seconds, then cautiously wobbled onto one foot, then the next, and took a few steps, and finally dove into me with wide-open arms. What absolutely melted me was that she let out a little shrieking giggle as she dove into me, and I knew she knew exactly what this meant for her! She was so happy. She has just been dying to walk on her own two feet. Adam and I both burst out in cheers, and she could not have looked more proud of herself.

Then she just wanted to do it over and over again, walking from me to Adam, then Adam to me... And half the time she was just pitched forward, going full speed ahead, diving into our laps-- not so much walking, but loving every second of it. What an amazing, happy, family-licious moment that was. :)

4 comments:

Chris said...

Awwww...I can't believe she's walking!! I'm so glad Adam was there, too. Isn't that the best moment? I can just see her lunging forward trying to get to each of you. :) Make sure you videotape it soon!
Way to go little Luci! Auntie Chris is sooooo proud of you!!

Julie B said...

YEAH!!! Now the real fun begins :)
I am so glad Adam was there to see it too..I was always excited when Greg got to see some of the girls' firsts (although, I also learned to just "pretend" its a first so he didn't feel left out :) )
I love the shrieking giggle! I wish I could hear it

Peace is every step said...

VIDEO! Need it. Yay Luci-I can't wait to see it and hear you shriek.

Lorrie said...

I thought I already posted on this...I need a video, too! Can't wait to see her proud little face and I am so glad you both got to see her first steps!!