Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Day!


Ah, I feel like a little kid again. Well, a little kid who stayed up until 4 trying to finish Christmas presents that will now be unable to be mailed out anyway, because we can't go anywhere and everything is closed. Including... The Spokane Club! Which means... No work for Maja today! Even sweeter because I was scheduled for a double shift today. All events have cancelled, and it couldn't have come on a better day. I can't wait to take a nap with my warm little baby while it continues to snow, snow, snow. I'm so glad I did so much running around yesterday... It was snowing all day, but we got home just before the traffic got really crazy. There were something like 125 accidents yesterday... yikes.

Now the only thing we really need is for the freaking mall to come to its senses and close... Adam just got off the phone with his manager and it is looking hopeful that he will not have to go in to work. Even big department stores are closing, and there is NO ONE in the mall, obviously. Adam got stuck a couple of blocks away last night (my dad cross-country skied over to try to help, but he was too thoroughly stuck... they walked home) and his car is still getting dumped on. My dad just managed to move my brother Peter's car (which met the same fate at about the same place as Adam's), and he said it was almost impossible. Anyway, cross your fingers that Adam will get to stay home and play with us!

A new record for Spokane-- 17 inches in 24 hours!


Luci felt like having a lounging breakfast today. :)
UPDATE (4:30pm): As you can see, we got our wish... No work for Adam today, either! We finally got outside about an hour ago for Luci's first playing-in-the-snow experience. It was super fun. The whole neighborhood is out shoveling and trying to un-bury their cars, or helping people who get stuck (which is pretty much anyone who attempts to go anywhere :)). I haven't tried out my new cross-country skis yet, but maybe when Luci goes down for a nap I'll sneak back out there!


Snow angels

We put Luci in her old car seat in the sled... It worked until she teetered backward. Not that she cared... She was loving the whole new world of white!


...And then we just plopped her seat in a snow mound.

1 comment:

Kaylyn said...

for the record, you need to update!!! I just found your blog again, and was confused if it was still snowing in Washington! :)